Author: Noel Lloyd
Date: August 23rd, 2016
Do you have a passion for issues important to older adults? Do you want to use your skills to develop education campaigns that will help older adults and their caregivers learn more about healthy aging? Then, the Alliance has a great job for you.
We are looking to hire a health programs coordinator to work with the vice president of Health Programs and other members of the Alliance team to develop, implement, and manage health programs. Get more info below.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, edit, and disseminate scientific and health information to different audiences in a variety of formats.
- Support communications team in marketing programs.
- Oversee elements of production and dissemination of health education materials.
- Serve as a liaison for vendors, such as design, printing, and video production.
- Provide support for Alliance websites including updates, database development, web tracking reports, writing and editing.
- Maintain program files, sample books, and databases.
- Represent the Alliance at various meetings and conferences.
- Excellent organizational and analytic skills combined with strong professional oral and writing skills
- Ability to translate scientific information into plain language
- Strong project management, monitoring and execution skills
- Ability to work successfully with partners on coordinated execution of projects
- Understanding of health literacy and usability
- Ability to work independently or with small teams
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Basic web and email design skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree in a health-related field is required. Graduate degree in public health or similar discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years' professional experience writing health educational material for consumers or other audiences is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Interest in working in public health and aging preferred. Previous use of Google Analytics and Adwords a plus.
If you are interested, please send your resume here.