Join Our Team
Interested in joining a dynamic and mission-driven team? The Alliance for Aging Research is hiring! Below are available positions and instructions for applying.
The Alliance for Aging Research is the leading nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating the pace of scientific discoveries and their application to vastly improve the universal human experience of aging and health. The Alliance was founded in 1986 in Washington, D.C., and has since become a valued advocacy organization and a respected influential voice with policymakers. The Alliance strives to meet its mission through a variety of activities and initiatives—from policy issues to provider and consumer health programs—that generate knowledge and action on age-related issues. These issues range from Alzheimer’s Disease, sarcopenia, heart valve disease, mental health, vaccines, and more.
The Alliance for Aging Research Seeks a Digital Communications Coordinator
The Alliance for Aging Research seeks a talented and passionate Digital Communications Coordinator to assist in all aspects of the Alliance’s digital communications and marketing efforts, including online community and social media engagement, digital content creation, trend monitoring and reporting, and more. The Digital Communications Coordinator will play a vital role in a dynamic Communications team responsible for the organization’s national communications strategy and marketing plans for its programs, events, and policies. This position reports directly to the Communications Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement the Alliance’s social media strategy, including the creation and management of content; develop and foster relationships with online community members; and run paid and organic social media campaigns
- Work collaboratively with the Health Education and Advocacy, Public Policy, and Development departments to promote the Alliance’s initiatives and to keep web content updated
- Assist with identifying and producing content for the Alliance’s blog and monthly digital newsletter
- Proactively monitor and track digital media trends and provide recommendations that seek to improve the Alliance’s social and digital media strategies
- Assist with tracking and measuring the impact of the Alliance’s digital communications efforts
- Create graphics for all social media channels to help amplify the reach of essential Alliance initiatives and messages
- 3-5 years of work experience in a digital and social media role
- Experience with cultivating relationships with target online community members (such as patients, caregivers, advocates, partner organizations, and potential donors) through social and digital media platforms
- Proven success managing organic and paid campaigns on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Experience with website content management systems
- Experience with social media management programs (such as Sprout)
- Experience with digital media reporting mechanisms (such as Google Analytics)
- Excellent oral and written communication, editing, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines, and the desire to work with a highly collaborative team
- Ideal candidates enjoy balancing multiple priorities and working independently
- Basic graphic design skills (experience with Adobe InDesign and Canva preferred)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Applicants should live in the DMV area, as the position will report to our DC office three days/week once it is safe to return to the office
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related field
- Familiarity with email marketing design software (e.g., Salesforce, Pardot)
- An interest in aging-related public health issues and patient advocacy
The Alliance for Aging Research offers excellent benefits, including employer‐paid health/dental insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability, flexible spending account, qualified transportation benefit, 401K retirement plan with matching, paid sick and administrative leave, two days per week teleworking option, free gym access, monthly cell phone allowance, employee assistance program, and four weeks of paid vacation. Salary $50K. Salary commensurate with experience.
At the Alliance, we strive to be a place where inclusion lives, individuals grow, and diverse talent is retained.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and a sample blog post, social media campaign, or other writing samples to [email protected]. No faxes or phone calls, please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact the job poster with unsolicited services or offers.
Closing Date: Friday, July 9, 2021