Join Our Team
The Alliance for Aging Research Seeks a Part-Time Staff Accountant
The Alliance for Aging Research is the leading nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating the pace of scientific discoveries and their application to vastly improve the universal human experience of aging and health. The Finance and Administration Department is responsible for the oversight of administrative and financial systems including finance, accounting, information technology, human resources, and physical infrastructure. For more information about us, please visit, www.agingresearch.org.
The Alliance seeks a part-time Staff Accountant to work Monday through Thursday to support the Vice President of Finance and Administration with: the day-to-day implementation of accounting procedures; regular communication with the Board of Directors’ Treasurer and Finance Committee; current year and forecasted budget, account reconciliation and audit readiness. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and Administration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and process all transactions for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and maintain corresponding electronic and paper documents.
- Process weekly check runs.
- Audit employee expense reports to ensure compliance with organizational policies and submit reimbursements for posting.
- Monitor, journalize, and track all bank account activity; prepare and complete bank deposits.
- Prepare month end close AP and AR schedules, functional expense statement and bank reconciliations.
- Assist VP, Finance and Administration with year-end close processes, budgets, audit PBC schedules, annual audit inquiries/requests and financial statements.
- Prepare 1099 statements for payees as required by the IRS.
- Prepare and maintain monthly general ledger reconciliation and journal entries.
- Prepare schedules in support of interim and/or final financial statements.
- Respond to vendor and employee inquiries in a timely manner.
- Create ad-hoc reports, as needed, and assist the VP with various projects.
- Must be able to keep all sensitive financial matters strictly confidential.
- Occasional office administrative support.
- Other duties as assigned
- Cover letter with resume required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant accounting experience (non-profit experience preferred).
- Understanding of nonprofit accounting principles and GAAP.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple tasks independently and complete work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills as well as good judgment.
- Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities.
- Must possess ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Accounting Seed and Salesforce software experience highly desired.
- Possess ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with peers, office management, vendors and auditors.
- Committed to growing professionally in the accounting field.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- First four (4) to six (6) months will be 100% remote. Must be able to work from home
- Interest in working for an aging-focused organization preferred.
The Alliance for Aging Research offers excellent benefits including employer‐paid health, vision/dental insurance, life insurance, short-term disability, flexible spending accounts, qualified transportation benefit, 401K retirement plan with matching, five days of paid sick leave, two weeks of paid vacation, free gym access, employee assistance program and telework option (twice a month after probation period ends). Salary $47,500
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No faxes or phone calls, please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact the job poster with unsolicited services or offers.