Join Our Team
The Alliance for Aging Research Seeks a Health Programs Associate
The Alliance for Aging Research is the leading nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating the pace of scientific discoveries and their application to vastly improve the universal human experience of aging and health. The Alliance was founded in 1986 in Washington, D.C., and has since become a valued advocacy organization and a respected influential voice with policymakers. The Alliance strives to advance science and enhance lives through a variety of activities and initiatives—from policy issues to provider and consumer health programs—that generate knowledge and action on age-related issues. For more information about The Alliance for Aging Research, please visit, www.agingresearch.org.
The Alliance seeks a Health Programs Associate to work with the Vice President of Health Education and Advocacy and other members of the Alliance team to develop, implement, and manage health programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting background research on a variety of health conditions and topics
- Drafting education content including brochures, video scripts, tip sheets and other resources that translate complex scientific information from peer-reviewed journals, partner publications, and leading authorities
- Providing creative direction to consultants on design and production of resources
Outreach & Dissemination
- Collaborating with communications team on marketing strategy
- Writing and designing e-mails to share new resources and updates with a variety of audiences
- Coordinating with communications team on social media messaging and design
- Helping create copy for press releases, blog posts, and other messaging to share new resources
- Overseeing and coordinate project vendors and third parties including designers, expert reviewers, video producers, survey consultants, PR professionals, etc.
- Building and maintaining working relationships with funders and local and international project partners
- Providing support for Alliance websites including monitoring content for relevance, providing updates, posting new content, and tracking website trends and statistics
- Maintaining program files, contracts, project reports, and databases
In-Person and Virtual Events
- Speaking at events and on webinars about Alliance programs
- Representing the Alliance at various events, webinars, meetings, and conferences
- Organizing one to two community events per year including the Valve Disease Day Flagship event
- Serving as a representative on various coalitions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required—graduate degree or experience in public health or similar discipline is a plus
- 2 years+ of professional experience writing health educational material for consumers or other audiences is required
- Excellent organizational and analytic skills
- Strong professional oral and writing skills
- Experience conducting health and scientific research (e.g. peer-reviewed journals, whitepapers, scientific reports, etc.)
- Ability to translate scientific information into plain language
- Strong project management, monitoring, and execution skills
- Ability to work successfully with partners on coordinated execution of projects
- Understanding of health literacy and usability
- Ability to work independently or with small teams
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize simultaneously
- Interest in working in aging preferred
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Knowledge of Salesforce software or similar is a plus
- Basic web and email design skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The Alliance for Aging Research offers excellent benefits including employer‐paid health/dental insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability, flexible spending accounts, qualified transportation benefit, 401K retirement plan with matching, two weeks of paid sick, 2-day per week teleworking option, free gym access, cell phone allowance, employee assistance program, and four weeks of paid vacation. Salary$52K-$55K Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No faxes or phone calls, please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact the job poster with unsolicited services or offers.