Interested in joining a dynamic and mission-driven team? We’re hiring a Communications Associate! Below is the position description and instructions for applying.
The Alliance for Aging Research is the leading nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating the pace of scientific discoveries and their application to vastly improve the universal human experience of aging and health. The Alliance was founded in 1986 in Washington, D.C., and has since become a valued advocacy organization and a respected influential voice with policymakers. The Alliance strives to meet its mission through a variety of activities and initiatives—from policy issues to provider and consumer health programs—that generate knowledge and action on age-related issues. These issues range from Alzheimer’s Disease, sarcopenia, heart valve disease, mental health, vaccines, and more.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Communications Associate will report directly to the Vice President of Communications and will assist in all aspects of the Alliance for Aging Research’s communications and marketing efforts, including traditional and digital public relations, online community and social media engagement, content creation, branding, media relations, and more.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Producing digital content for a variety of platforms, including blogs, social media, e-newsletters, and press outreach
- Managing and monitoring the Alliance’s social media engagement activities, which includes developing and fostering relationships with online community members
- Monitoring and tracking social media trends and providing recommendations to influence the Alliance’s social and digital media strategies
- Monitoring media coverage relevant to the Alliance’s programs, events, and policy priorities
- Assisting with public relations efforts, including press release development, media outreach, and building and maintaining media lists
- Identifying new communications and marketing opportunities to raise the visibility of the Alliance’s programs
- Working in close collaboration with the Health Programs, Public Policy, and Development departments to promote and support the Alliance’s various initiatives
- Tracking and measuring impact of communications projects and activities
- Compiling reports using various digital tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and others
- 2-4 years of work experience in a communications, public relations, marketing, or similar position
- Excellent oral and written communication, editing, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and desire to work as a member of a highly collaborative team
- Experience managing popular social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.), website content management/maintenance, and Google Analytics
- Ideal candidates must be able to balance multiple and diverse priorities simultaneously, be self-starters, and be able to work independently
- Experience with cultivating relationships with consumers, advocates, partner organizations, and donors through social and digital media platforms
- A strong work ethic and innovative ideas
- A willingness to learn and take on new projects
- Ability to be flexible and meet deadlines
- Basic graphic design skills (experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, media studies, communications, marketing, or a related field
- Familiarity with email marketing design software (e.g. Salesforce, Pardot)
- An interest in public policy and health issues surrounding the FDA, NIH, and other entities
The Alliance for Aging Research offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including employer-paid health/dental insurance, life insurance, long- and short-term disability, flexible spending accounts, qualified transportation benefit, 401(k) retirement plan with matching, paid sick and administrative leave, telework option, free gym access, employee assistance program, and four weeks of paid vacation. Base salary up to $50K. Salary commensurate with skills, education, and experience.
Please email cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to [email protected] with the subject line “Communications Associate”. No faxes or phone calls, please.
Closing Date: Friday, November 2, 2018