2020 NERDY Training
The 2020 Talk NERDY to Me training was held virtually over six 1.5-hour sessions in October and November 2020. Fourteen members of the Talk NERDY to Me Advisory Council attended and aided in the training of 41 senior patients and family caregivers with a focus on age-related macular degeneration, Alzheimer’s disease, atrial fibrillation, chronic pain, and heart valve disease. The training expanded their influence in aging-related health research and educated them on research advocacy.
Training materials included:
- Talk NERDY to Me 2020 Workshop online course:
- What is patient-centered outcomes research?
- How does medical research work?
- How do I analyze medical research?
- What does patient-centered research look like?
- What does patient-centered outcomes research look like?
- What’s my plan for staying involved and learning more?
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute Fundamentals Training Videos – Engaging in Stakeholder-Driven Research
- Cochrane Evidence Essentials Sessions One and Two
- Friends of Cancer Research Online Advocacy Education