Our Best Shot Educational Workshop Kit
This workshop kit is designed to provide all of the resources that community leaders need to host educational workshops for older adults and their caregivers on the basics of vaccination. The “soup-to-nuts” kit covers how vaccines work, common vaccine-preventable diseases, vaccine safety and efficacy, the vaccine schedule for adults 65+, and where and how to get vaccinated. Materials in the kit include:
- Truth About Vaccines Factsheet: Addresses much of the misinformation about adult and childhood vaccinations. An updated version addresses misinformation and disinformation regarding COVID-19 vaccines.
- Wellness Wisdom Factsheet: Gives an overview of preventive services available through Medicare–including the Annual Wellness visit, the Welcome to Medicare visit, and recommended vaccines.
- Quick Guide to Vaccination Brochure: Looks at the potential symptoms and complications of vaccine-preventable diseases, the vaccine schedule for ages 65+, and a vaccine-tracker. Also available in Spanish.
- Pocket Film: Covers how vaccines work, why they’re important for all ages, where to get them, and more. Also available in Spanish, as a 60-second PSA, as a 30-second PSA, and with closed captions.
- Leader’s Guide: Gives tips and instructions on promoting and conducting a workshop, an agenda, a suggested script, and more.
- Promotional Poster: Designed to be used to promote upcoming educational workshops.
- Participant Quiz and Answers: Emphasizes points in the script and helps keep participants engaged.
- Slide Presentation: Gives visuals that emphasize the workshop script.
- Evaluation Form: Collects feedback from participants.
- On-line Survey: Collects feedback from workshop leaders.
Watch the presentation from the workshop kit launch, where two leaders from Area Agencies on Aging talk about their experience piloting the workshop kit, and share their tips on best practices.
All of the materials are free and we encourage you to download them, save them to your computer, print out copies, and get started on hosting this important workshop!