Partnership in Healthy Aging Innovation
The Alliance for Aging Research (Alliance) is the leading nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating the pace of scientific discoveries and their application to vastly improve the universal human experience of aging and health. The organization’s vision is a culture that respects aging as a greater good and values investments that advance independence, dignity, and equity.
The Alliance’s Partners in Healthy Aging Innovation (PHAI) includes company members that provide unrestricted support to advance activities related to the Alliance’s overall mission and vision. Membership in the PHAI provides unique opportunities for companies to engage with experts in the healthy aging community, including older adult patients and family caregivers, partner advocacy organizations, and top scientific, clinical, and policy leaders in the field.
Why Join Partners in Healthy Aging Innovation?
For more than 35 years, the Alliance has guided efforts to substantially increase funding and focus for aging at the National Institutes of Health and Food and Drug Administration; built influential coalitions to guide groundbreaking regulatory improvements for age-related diseases; and created award-winning, high-impact educational materials to improve the health and well-being of older adults and their family caregivers.
The Alliance has a proven track record of:
- Giving older patients and caregivers evidence-based information to help them make informed, independent choices that lend to self-advocacy and improved health outcomes;
- Creating educational materials and leading advocacy efforts in order to provide equal opportunities and fair treatment for every person, at any age; and
- Collaborating with partner organizations, policymakers, and educators to capture the full potential of our vision: a culture that respects aging as a greater good and values investments that advance independence, dignity, and equity.
Joining the Alliance’s PHAI will help effect positive change for healthy aging and innovation through our initiatives, including:
- Health education campaigns that earn hundreds of millions of high-impact engagements with consumers through educational films, Silver Books®, brochures, community leader kits, and public service announcements.
- Targeted public policy coalitions that increase funding and focus on aging at the NIH/FDA and improve FDA/CMS regulatory processes and access to innovations for patients and families.
- Talk NERDY to Me training, which teaches older adult patients, family caregivers, researchers, and clinicians about patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) and how to work together to improve the medical research process.
Partners in Healthy Aging Innovation members are encouraged to:
- Participate in one PHAI meeting each year, with access to the Alliance’s key staff and leaders in the healthy aging community.
- Participate in the Alliance’s yearly Board of Directors in-person event.
- Participate at the virtual Talk NERDY to Me training and become a part of the Talk NERDY to Me online community.
- Provide your company’s name for special recognition under the PHAI webpage on agingresearch.org, and in the Alliance’s Annual Impact Report.
- Partner and collaborate with the Alliance’s diverse network of aging-related patient advocacy groups, professional organizations, researchers, and clinicians.
For more information about joining Partners in Healthy Aging Innovation:
Contact Sarah Delgado, Vice President of Development, at [email protected].
The Alliance thanks our Partners in Health Aging Innovation:
Applied Policy, LLC
Bristol Myers Squibb Company
Johnson & Johnson
Omnicom Health Group
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.