What: The Silver Book®: Cancer volume and factsheet will debut at a Capitol Hill briefing hosted by the Alliance for Aging Research, the Personalized Medicine Coalition, and the American Association for Cancer Research. Through a collection of exhaustive statistics and facts, The Silver Book®: Cancer offers a comprehensive overview of the tremendous burden of this condition and how medical research can lead to innovations that reduce that burden, particularly in the areas of personalized medicine and immuno-oncology. It is the latest addition to the highly-respected Silver Book® series.
When: May 21, 2015, 12:00-1:30 p.m.
Where: United States Capitol, Room H-137, Washington, D.C.
Who: The Capitol Hill briefing features experts who will offer insights into the scope of the disease, highlight the value of its research, and give a personal patient perspective. Speakers include:
- Susan Peschin, MHS, president & CEO, Alliance for Aging Research
- Lindsay Clarke, J.D., vice president of health programs, Alliance for Aging Research
- Daryl Pritchard, Ph.D., vice president of science policy, Personalized Medicine Coalition
- Harvey Jay Cohen, M.D., professor of medicine and director, Duke University Aging Center, and leader, Cancer and Aging Committee, American Association for Cancer Research
- Beverlye Hyman Fead, speaker, author, and producer
Media are invited to attend. Please contact Noel Lloyd, communications manager, at 202.370.7852 or through email. Lunch will be provided.