We are hiring a communications associate! Please consult the job description below for more information.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Communications Associate will report directly to the Director of Communications and will assist in all aspects of communications, including public relations, research, content creation, and social media.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Utilize the web to identify and cultivate new relationship opportunities
- Daily media monitoring
- Produce content in a variety of formats, including blogs, social media, and newsletters
- Contribute to the creation of and monitoring of social media content
- Assist with public relations outreach, including writing press releases, building and maintaining media lists, and responding to press queries
- Maintain a contacts database in SalesForce
- Work in close collaboration with the Health Programs Department to promote the Alliance’s various education initiatives
- Compile reports using various digital tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and others
- 2-3 years work experience
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Communications, Journalism preferred
- Ideal candidates are detailâ€oriented, creative, able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously, and to often work independently and unsupervised
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with email marketing design software and website content management
- Experience with cultivating outreach among partner organizations to promote national health education campaigns a plus
- An interest in public policy and issues surrounding the FDA, NIH, and other entities preferred
- A willingness to learn and take on new projects is essential
- Ability to be flexible and meet deadlines
- Basic graphic design skills
Salary up to $50K. The Alliance for Aging Research offers excellent benefits including employerâ€paid health/dental insurance, life insurance, LTD, flexible spending accounts, qualified transportation benefit, 401K retirement plan with matching, paid sick and administrative leave, and four weeks of paid vacation.
Please email cover letter and resume and send a link to your portfolio and/or writing samples here. No faxes or phone calls, please.