The Alliance for Aging Research Seeks a Health Education and Advocacy Manager
The Alliance for Aging Research is the leading nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating the pace of scientific discoveries and their application to vastly improve the universal human experience of aging and health. The Health Education and Advocacy department creates award-winning, high-impact educational materials to improve the health and well-being of older adults and their family caregivers. For more information about us, please visit www.agingresearch.org
The Health Education and Advocacy Manager will work with the Vice President of Health Education and Advocacy and other members of the Alliance team to develop, implement, and manage health programs and partnerships. The position reports to the Vice President of Health Education and Advocacy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and coordinating project vendors and third parties including designers, expert reviewers, video producers, survey consultants, PR professionals, etc.
- Providing support for Alliance websites including monitoring content for relevance, providing updates, posting new content, and tracking website trends and statistics
- Maintaining program files, contracts, project reports, databases, and budgets
- Interacting with project funders, drafting project updates, and assisting with proposal writing and development calls
- Building and maintaining relationships with experts and partners in the public and private sector that will further the reach of education materials
- Maintaining regular contact with recurrent partners including the 100+ Valve Disease Day partners
Outreach & Dissemination
- Collaborating with communications team on marketing strategy of various health education projects
- Coordinating with communications team on social media messaging and design
- Helping create copy for press releases, blog posts, and other messaging to share new resources
- Updating health information copy and resources on agingresearch.org, valvediseaseday.org, and other micro-sites
- Writing and designing e-mails in Outlook and Pardot to share new resources and updates with a variety of audiences
In-Person and Virtual Events
- Speaking at events, webinars, and calls about Alliance programs
- Representing the Alliance at various events, webinars, meetings, and conferences
- Organizing one to two community events per year including the Valve Disease Day Flagship event
- Serving as a representative on various coalitions related to health education campaigns
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years+ of experience in project management
- Excellent organizational and analytic skills
- Strong professional oral and writing skills, with an understanding of health literacy and usability
- Ability to work successfully with partners on coordinated execution of projects
- Ability to work both independently and with small teams
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize simultaneously
- Interest in working in aging preferred
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Knowledge of Salesforce software or similar is a plus
- Basic web and email design skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Applicants should live in the DMV area, as the position will report to our DC office periodically once the organization decides if and when employees will be returning to the office
Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon beginning employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law. A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or two weeks after receipt of a single dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
The Alliance for Aging Research offers excellent benefits, including employer‐paid health/dental insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability, flexible spending account, qualified transportation benefit, 401K retirement plan with matching, administrative leave, teleworking option (currently 100% remote until further notice), free gym access, monthly cell phone allowance, employee assistance program, annual bonus, fourteen (14) days of paid health and wellness leave, and four weeks of paid vacation. Salary commensurate with experience. Salary $55K-$60K Salary commensurate with experience.
The Alliance for Aging Research is an equal opportunity employer that strives to be a place where inclusion lives, individuals grow, and diverse talent is retained. The Alliance does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to [email protected]. No faxes or phone calls, please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact the job poster with unsolicited services or offers.
Closing Date: Friday, January 21, 2022