2021 NERDY Training
The 2021 Talk NERDY to Me training was held virtually over six 1.5-hour sessions in December 2021. 36 senior patients, family caregivers, clinicians, and researchers with a focus on age-related macular degeneration, Alzheimer’s disease, atrial fibrillation, chronic pain, and heart valve disease completed the training. The training expanded their influence in aging-related health research and educated them on research advocacy.
Training materials included:
- Talk NERDY to Me 2021 Workshop online course:
- What is patient-centered outcomes research?
- How does medical research work?
- How is medical research analyzed?
- What do clinicians and researchers need to conduct PCOR?
- How can patients and family caregivers get involved?
- How can we continue to work together?
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute Fundamentals Training Videos – Engaging in Stakeholder-Driven Research
- Cochrane Evidence Essentials Sessions One and Two