How We’re Funded
The Alliance for Aging Research is the leading national nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating the pace of scientific discoveries and their application to vastly improve the universal human experience of aging and health. Our number one priority is to ensure that the older adult patient voice is front and center in health policy decision-making and clinical care. The Alliance is well-respected throughout government, the patient and provider advocacy communities, and the health care industry as objective, data and fact-driven. In our 30+ years, we’ve maintained our reputation as a trusted source that develops its organizational priorities based on scientific evidence. We are transparent about our partnerships and activities, including how our programs are funded, while also safeguarding independence in our policy positions and health education work.
Steps the Alliance for Aging Research Takes to Safeguard Independence
- Editorial Control—While the Alliance seeks input from external experts and stakeholders in the development of materials, the Alliance maintains full editorial control and therefore has the final word on all content.
- Expert Panel—Whenever possible, materials are developed in consultation with a review panel of experts who are independent and objective.
- No Brand Affiliation—Alliance educational and policy activities often focus on innovations and treatments in a specific disease area, but never focus on a single product or brand. While the Alliance encourages partners, funders, and other 3rd parties to use our materials, they are restricted from use in affiliation with any brands.
- Conflict-of-Interest Policy—All members of the Alliance Board of Directors must sign an annual conflict of interest disclosure and are restricted from participating in discussions or votes where a conflict of interest exists.
- Independent Policy Decisions—The Alliance makes all policy priority decisions independent of board members and funders.
Alliance for Aging Research 2019 Funders ($1,000 and above)
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
Alzheimer’s Germ Quest, Inc.
American Academy of Family Physicians
Amgen USA Inc.
Anavex Life Sciences Corporation
Applied Policy, LLC
Association of American Medical Colleges
Association of Rehabilitation Nurses
Astellas Pharma US Inc.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Berman and Company
Better Medicare Alliance
Biotechnology Innovation Organization
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Caregiver Action Network
Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
Edwards Lifesciences Foundation
EIP Pharma, Inc.
Eli Lilly and Company
John and Faith Farr
Bob Fead and Beverlye Hyman Fead
The Bruce and Katherine Garren Charitable Fund
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc.
Lundbeck Pharmaceuticals LLC
Metabolic Technologies, Inc.
Milestone Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
National Pharmaceutical Council
Nestle Health Science
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
Omnicom Health Group
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
Pharmaceutical Care Management Association
Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufacturers of America
RRF Foundation for Aging
The Claude Pepper Foundation, Inc.
Torreya Partners, LLC
United States Pharmacopeia