2019 SP&FCN Training
Published July 5, 2020
The Alliance for Aging Research’s Senior Patient and Family Caregiver Network (SP&FCN) is seeking advocates to participate in a research-advocacy training program designed to empower senior patients and their family caregivers to engage in patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR).
The 2019 SP&FCN In-Person Training will take place in Dallas, TX from Tuesday, November 19 – Thursday, November 21, 2019. The Alliance is looking for patients or caregivers of patients with Alzheimer’s disease, sarcopenia, atrial fibrillation, chronic pain, age-related macular degeneration, or heart valve disease.
- Complete a short online survey to get to know you better. Access to a computer with the internet will be required for this and many of the other parts of the program.
- Participate in two one-hour webinars in October 2019 prior to the in-person training.
- Review some materials (online articles, a video, and a quick online activity) prior to the in-person training. This should take no more than three hours.
- Participate in the in-person training on November 19-21, 2019 in Dallas, TX. We will provide a two-night stay at an area hotel and will reimburse additional travel expenses.
- Participate in a one-hour post-training phone interview to help refine the curriculum.